The Centre for Disease Control in the United States, usually a serious organization, has a fun educator package to prepare kids for the “Zombie Apocalypse.” CDC Director Dr. Ali Khan states, “If you are generally well equipped to deal with a zombie apocalypse you will be prepared for a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack.” There is an amusing video and lesson plans on the CDC site. Here’s a small excerpt.
You’ve been briefed that a zombie apocalypse is imminent. Often, the past influences and shapes the future. The agency needs a full report on a previous disaster to help plan for the zombie pandemic.
1. What happened?
2. How many people were affected?
3. How did the communities respond?
4. What could have been done better to prepare?
5. What would you recommend to others?
6. How would this information help you in an emergency?