~ Educational Ideas and Resources for K-12 Teachers
Writing Captions for Photographs
- Read the story that goes with the photograph and make up another suitable title. Use that idea for a caption.
- Think of the strongest or most powerful verb in the text and use that to write the caption.
- Pick a noun from the story that conjures up the most images. Use that to write the caption.
- Find out what happened just before or just after the photograph was taken. Use that information to write the caption.
- Include information in the caption that’s not in the photograph or the text.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: