- Read the story that goes with the photograph and make up another suitable title. Use that idea for a caption.
- Think of the strongest or most powerful verb in the text and use that to write the caption.
- Pick a noun from the story that conjures up the most images. Use that to write the caption.
- Find out what happened just before or just after the photograph was taken. Use that information to write the caption.
- Include information in the caption that’s not in the photograph or the text.
Writing Captions for Photographs
07 Monday May 2012
Posted Inference Resources, Visual Literacy, Writing Resourcesin